Thursday 12 June 2014

Seoul : Ewha Women University & MyeongDong / #TOPPOKISISTERS

Helllooo~

I'm gonna split up my posts in areas we covered instead of days so it's easier for y'all to search in future. 
On our second day, we wanted to get some serious shopping done cos we didn't buy much on the first day and we needed shoes sooooo badly! Many of my friends recommended me to shop at Ewha Women University area cos it's cheaper and trendier. To our disappoint, we didn't really see anything that caught our eyes. I think Korean fashion is just not our thing? We only managed to get a few pairs of heels at pretty steep prices in spite of our superb (and desperate hahaha) bargaining.

They sell a lot of "blog shop/taobao" shoes there and they will quote you like 60,000 won which is approximately SGD$74!!! You can easily get them on sprees for like $25-$35 in Singapore. It's crazy. We ended up paying almost $40 after bargaining for what seemed forever for every pairs we bought there cos we just needed shoes.

Anyhoos, take a look at the uni!!! Such a beautiful ground to study at!














Lol I don't know why I was so happy but I remember Frans telling me I looked like I was carrying my bath towel around LOL.



  

My QT #toppokisister!!! Can't be more blessed to have her as my travel companion, 爱死你了:*

Found a row of flowers as a backdrop to camwhore hehe.






My verdict on Ewha Women University?
It's very different from what I had pictured it to be but I suppose it's one of the better places to shop in Seoul other than Hongdae. I cannot imagine how expensive shopping at other areas would be since the supposed "college student prices" in Ewha and Hongdae are the cheapest around cos it really wasn't cheap at all. Or maybe we just didn't explore enough. We kinda gave up after an hour and just went to Myeongdong instead. I guess you could give Ewha a try since everyone else is raving about it (:

So, we decided to take a cab to Myeongdong. The cab fares in Seoul are similar to Singapore, just make sure they on the meter. Alternatively, you can travel around by the subway. It's very convenient and relatively easy.

So, we set foot in the busiest street/area in Seoul.
MYEONGDONG, the land of cosmetics and skincare. Brands like Innisfree, Etude house, VDL, Nature Republic, Holika Holika, Too cool for school etc etc were lining the busy street. And there were so many repetitive shops, like 5-10 Etude house outlets in Myeongdong???!! I don't really understand why though.




We managed to get some skincare and cosmetics but it wasn't particularly cheap either. Laneige in DFS is even cheaper. Good quality face masks cost around $2- $4 per piece. I don't see all the 50 cents ones that I heard leh!! WHY AH??? Isit just us or is it really getting expensive there?


AWESOME EGG BREAD!
The ones in Hongdae were nicer though.





BEST MEAL OF THE TRIP!
I really love the soup and seafood pancake. AHHHHHH mameeee I want to eat them now.

Too bad I didn't get the name but it's tucked in some inconspicuous alley with lots of celeb photos on the walls of the restaurant. Must be famous hehe.




Egg bread round 2 *ding ding ding*

Myeongdong is really a paradise for skincare and make up junkie! You can find all the Korean brands here. My favorite has to be Innisfree where I was so close to sweeping shelves. Their clay mask is goooood! Other than skincare, they have quite a lot of good stores to shop at such as A-land, American Apparel and Uniqlo. There are quite a lot of shops selling streetwear as well but prices are steeper (stuff are nicer) as compared to Hongdae and Ewha. There are also tons of street food stalls and small food joints!

Great place to stay at if you can deal with crowds! (:

Meanwhile, be rad! I'll be back!

XX
Sophia
Instagram and Twitter : @sophiachong

No comments:

Post a Comment