Monday 6 January 2014

MUST TRY RESTAURANTS : SHANGHAI REN JIA & DONNA CARMELA


Attended the first Sunday service of 2014 yesterday with a few of my friends then headed down to try this unpretentious Shanghainese restaurant tucked in an inconspicuous corner of Ang Mo Kio! Haven't eaten such good and affordable chinese food in a long time!


Pork rib noodle : 4/5


Steamed xiao long bao : 4/5


Springroll : 5/5!!!
It's the nicest springrolls I have ever eaten and I love it!!! There's a bit of soup/gravy inside which makes it mouth-watering. I don't know how they can make such a boring common dish so divine.


Fried xiao long bao : 3.5/5!

Every dish was generally good, but I really liked the spring roll and xlb! The pork ribs were very savory too!
The bill came down to $105 for 7 people, so it's really worth it.

MUST TRY IF YOU LOVE CHINESE FOOD/LIVE AROUND AMK!

Shanghai Renjia
Blk 151 Ang Mo Kio Ave 5
#01-3046
Tel : 63686927

-

Last week on NYE, Daniel and I went to Greenwood Avenue for our "last dinner of the year" before going to our friend's place for countdown. We went to one of Daniel's favorite italian restaurant, Donna Carmela. It's only my second time there but both times impressed me. 




This pasta may look normal but it's truffle pasta and it's cooked close to perfection! I'd give it a  8/10!
It's pretty reasonably priced considering it's truffled. $24 if i'm not wrong!


White wine to go along!




At our friend's place for countdown party!

Donna Carmela

2 Greenwood Avenue
Hillcrest Park
Tel : 68846884


No comments:

Post a Comment